Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mike at the Cantor

"Mike at the Cantor"

I thought long and hard about joining the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge with Leslie Saeta  and her  Artists helping Artists blog.  I already do try and paint daily, but I thought January would be a good month to give myself a break.  I have been doing one or more project after the other since last year and I think I need to let up just a bit.  I don't want to feel like a hamster in a wheel. So today I played.  
This isn't the painting that came out but it really felt great to paint and not worry about posting it.  It was a self-portrait and my husband loved it so I think I will live with it awhile and then decide if I want to share.  For today, this is Mike.  The love of my life and the best person in the world to visit a museum with.  He loves to look at art,  he his a great supporter of the arts...I love him.

No comments: