Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 16, 2012

My New Path



I was approached recently by the Gilroy Patch, which is an online newspaper that covers my city, Gilroy, Ca. to be their Art Blogger. I had to take a few days to think about if I wanted to add this to my plate which is already pretty full. I thought about it and decided that it was too good an opportunity to let go by. I want to write about how it is to be my own art representative. I am in charge of everything about my art business. Keeping up with the financials, scheduling the shows for the year, applying to them, writing newsletters getting the word out, keeping up on my inventory of supplies and most of all painting the art that I sell. I also am a part of the dailypaintworks online gallery and I am a daily painter, posting each day. On top of this I have a family. Sometimes when I am grumbling about doing tasks that are not art but are important to my business, I have to remind myself that the bottom line reason I do all of this is so I can paint daily. I have to admit I am addicted to the pleasure of painting, it's my drug of choice. This is another path for me to take and I think it will be a great way for me to keep focused on why I do what I do. I would also like to shine a light on the many talented people who are doing their art in my town, hopefully it will be an inspiration.

No comments: